ADMT v3.2 has finally been released to the public; I’m currently involved in a migration project where we consolidate over 70+ forests to one corporate forest running Windows Server 2008 R2 and one of the main benefits with version 3.2 is the support for Windows Server 2008 R2
About ADMT 3.2
ADMT v3.2 is an out-of-band tool available as a free download (in 8 languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish) to enable customers to deploy Active Directory in the following scenarios:
- Migration of Active Directory data from one environment to another. ADMT 3.2 specifically supports migration to Windows Server 2008 R2 with added support for Managed Service Accounts.
- Restructuring of Active Directory environment due to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidations, etc.
From the download page:
The Active Directory Migration Tool version 3.2 (ADMT v3.2) simplifies the process of migrating objects and restructuring tasks in an Active Directory® Domain Service (AD DS) environment. You can use ADMT v3.2 to migrate users, groups, service accounts, and computers between AD DS domains in different forests (inter-forest migration) or between AD DS domains in the same forest (intra-forest migration). ADMT can also perform security translation (to migrate local user profiles) when performing inter-forest migrations.
· Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2
· ADMT can be installed on any computer capable of running the Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system, unless they are Read-Only domain controllers or in a Server Core configuration.
· Target domain: The target domain must be running Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2
· Source domain: The source domain must be running Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2
· The ADMT agent, installed by ADMT on computers in the source domains, can operate on computers running Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2.